Wireless setup without cd
Canon Pixma MG2220 Setup, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software – Canon PIXMA MG2220 weighs about 117 lbs. Its dimensions cover 17.7 mm of width, 12 mm of depth, and 6 mm of height. The printer features functions such as a 7-segment LED display, a system of FINE Cartridge hybrid ink, Creative Park Premium, quick start, quiet mode, fast front, and dual color gamut processing technology. The printer is compatible with Windows OS (7, 7 SP1, Vista Sp1, Vista SP2, XP SP3 32-bit) Intel processor, and MacOS X v10.5.8, 10.6, and 10.711. It uses Hi-Speed USB as its standard interface. Included with the unit are programs such as My Image Garden, Quick Menu, Printer Driver, Easy-WebPrint EX, and user’s guide and setup software in a CD ROM.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 incorporates a scanner in the unit that is of flatbed type. The scanner uses a CIS (Contact Image Sensor) as its scanning element. It can handle documents with maximum size of 8.5 x 11.7 inches. The color depths of this scanner are 48 bit internal and 24 bit external. The scanner features functions such as auto scan mode and push scan. Its maximum optical resolution is 1200 x 2400 dpi. The resolution can be interpolated to 19,200 x 19,200 dpi.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 can deliver beautiful 4 x 6 inches borderless photos. In 44 seconds, the printer can print out one of such photos. Printing black and white documents is at the speed of 8.4 images per minute while printing in colors is at the speed of 4.8 images per minute. The number of nozzles it uses is 1,792 in total, 640 are dedicated to black and white while the other 1,152 are colors. The printer’s uses 2 and 5 picoliter sizes while its maximum resolution is 4800 x 1200 dpi. This resolution is for color. For black and white, it would be 600 x 600 dpi.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 features a copier. The copier features functions such as multiple copy: 1-9, 20 pages, fit to page, and borderless copy. The copier’s first copy out time is about 30 seconds. The printer’s auto sheet feeder can handle 100 sheets of paper. Functions featured by the printer include: quiet mode, photo printing, my image garden, fun filter effects, full hd movie print, document printing, calendar print, borderless printing, and auto photo fix II. The printer works with paper with sizes Letter, legal, U.S. #10 envelopes, 8 x 10 inches, 5 x 7 inches, and 4 x 6 inches.
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra)
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Ink:
- PG-245 XL XL Black Ink
- CL-246 XL XL Color Ink
- PG-245 Black Ink Cartridge
- CL-246 Color Ink Cartridge
How to Set Up Wireless Connection on Your Canon PIXMA MG2220 :
Setting up wireless connection of Canon PIXMA on your computer is actually pretty easy. This article will describes the steps to install wireless connection using WPS connection method. There are some requirements that need to be fulfilled before starting the installation, such as your access point should have a physical WPS push button and your network should use the WPA2 security protocol or WPA.
- First, turn on the printer. Press and hold on the Wi-Fi button until the indicator lamp flashes once. Make sure it flash blue light.
- Press the WPS button on your access point within 2 minutes. The blue light will continue flashing while looking for your access point.
- Once it connects to the access point, the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash.
- If the process is successful, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lit.
- To confirm whether the process is successful or not, try to print out the network settings of your printer.
- Put a sheet of paper.
- Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button until the indicator lamp flashes 15 times, then release it.
- Your printer will print the network information page and it means the installation is successful.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your Canon PIXMA without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- Open Control Panel, and double-click the Printers or Printers and Fax icon.
- A new window will occur, then choose Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-click the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up Canon PIXMA on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your Canon PIXMA printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other Canon driver that exist in your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on Canon official website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
Canon PIXMA MG2220 Driver Download:
Name Drivers and Operating System
Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows/Vista/XP)
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.02 (Windows/Vista/XP)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 Quick Menu Ver.2.7.1 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 My Image Garden Software Ver.3.5.1 (Windows)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series Full Driver & Software Package Ver. 1.2(Mac OS X )|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 22.214.171.124 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 ICA Driver Ver.4.1.3 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 My Image Garden Ver.3.5.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.1 (Mac)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.00 (Linux)|
|Canon PIXMA MG 2220 series ScanGear MP Ver. 2.20 (Linux)|